Every large organization in the world whether business or religious has a change process. One cannot simply introduce changes without consensus and approval. Doing so will cause internal disputes which eventually disunite and disrupt the organization’s activities
A 1999 agreement was signed to avoid unauthorized changes in the Usool of Tabligh
During Raiwind Ijtema in November 1999, the Tablighi Jamaat Shura at that time decided to standardize the Usool (methodology/doctrine) of the work of Tabligh. An agreement was signed, which included an important change process clause:
It is of utmost essential that before any changes are implemented, the Shura formed by HadratJi Inaamul Hassan, should unanimously agree on those changes before they are put into practice.1999 Agreement which Maulana Saad Signed
Maulana Saad has been introducing unapproved changes since 2006
Maulana Saad violated this agreement when he first introduced the reading of Muntakahab Hadith in 2006. In Tabligh, the book which is officially read is Fadhail Amaal. Maulana Saad added the book Muntakhab Ahadith without prior consent or approval.
NOTE: Before reading further, please understand that our aim is to preserve the true history of Tabligh, no matter how bitter it is. As generations come, this history may be forgotten. We do not promote hate, and certainly not backbiting. See our article ‘Backbiting vs Warning‘. No matter how bad a Muslim is, he is still our Muslim brother. We love and hate only for the sake of Allah.
Concerns about this unauthorized move have been raised several times, even by Maulana Zubayr, who was the most senior authority in Nizamuddin Markaz at that time. However, due to the soft nature of Maulana Zubayr and the need to avoid conflict, no action was taken.
Haji Abdul Wahab of Pakistan however, took a more direct stand. As the Ameer of Pakistan, he did not approve of the reading of Muntakhab Ahadith. This has been the case until now.
Maulana Saad continued to make make unauthorized changes to the Usool (Pattern of Work) of Tabligh since 2006.
SEE: List of changes done by Maulana Saad
After Maulana Zubayr’s demise in 2014, Maulana Saad became more aggressive in introducing changes without approval. One of the biggest changes was the violation of yet another agreement, i.e. the 1995 agreement, when he started Bay’ah (pledge of allegiance) to himself. This was a direct proclamation of himself as the new Ameer of Tabligh, sidelining the Shura at that time. This is the first time such a move/proclamation of power has occurred in Tabligh.
SEE: Maulana Saad’s Treacherous Violation of the 1995 Agreement
Maulana Saad’s treacherous violations have caused destruction to the biggest Islamic Movement of the 21st Century
Maulana Saad’s continuous destruction and violation of agreements needed to be stopped. The elders had to take a stand.
In 2015, Haji Abdul Wahab took a stand by completing the World Shura, and just before his demise, on March 2018, delivered an Ultimatum to Maulana Saad.
SEE: 3 Reasons why Tablighi Jamaat Split
In our humble opinion, the Fitna caused by Maulana Saad is one of the most destructive Fitna of the 21st Century. The effect is a big blow to the largest Islamic movement of this era. Blood is on Maulana Saad’s hand.
The 1999 Agreement English Translation
Bismillahi subhanahu wa Taala,
In order to protect the Mubarak and great work of Deen throughout the world, so that the work is done in a unified structure collectively, in accordance to Usool (methodology), and with unity, after Raiwind Ijtema‘ in November 1999, the World Shura formed by HadratJi, have decided on certain matters. After a detailed discussion among the brothers from India and Pakistan, the following points had been decided:
- Jamaats going out in the path of Allah should be punctual in their Ijtimai and Infiradi Aamal, and make effort on themselves as well as their companions.
- In the Masjid where they are working, they should try to take out cash Jamaat from there.
- In every masjid the Jamaats go to, after forming a Masjid level Jamaat, they should make an effort to establish the 5 Maqami Amaal.
- Masjid Level Jamaats should do these 5 Aamal punctually wherever when they have been formed
- To make our masjid alive with Aamal during night or day, while staying at our locality, we have to take time out from our engagement.
- The Aamal of the masjid needs to be prioritized before our worldly engagements. This however does not mean that we leave our worldly engagements.
- Instead of spending 15 days a month, spend half the day and half the night, or eight hours, or two and half hours, or any time one can spare on daily basis.
- During the night and day in order to revive the Amaal of da’wah in the masjid, in a situation that is conducive, by making Mashwara with all the local brothers, after Fajar Salat, do the Muzakarah of Iman and Yaqin and other qualities and do short bayan about the work for them. During the day, apart from making Mashwarah and Fikr, do Halqah of Taleem Fadhail for two or two and half hours and do other Aamal as well. Therefore, in this manner or in any other method, according to the prevailing condition, Masjid Jamaat will do the work with Mashwara.
- For the jamaat that comes from outside, with Targhib, their attention can be drawn towards making the suitable Tarteeb.
- In order to correct our Yaqeen, obtain the Kaifiat of high degree Imaan, and in order to bring mankind in the whole world to the correct Yaqeen, it is important for everyone to give da’wah of Mahfum of Kalimah on daily basis.
- Whatever Taqaza of the work of Deen may be, from going in the path of Allah in the far country or nearby area, where from every house, one person should be taken out in the path of Allah up to making effort so that 100 percent in every locality, at least they are ready to perform salat, and they should be brought to the masjid: for all Taqaza, every brother should sit down and busy themselves in the work of Da’wah. To prepare people for every Taqaza, we have to give Da’wah of the Mahfum of Kalimah. To remove the Yaqeen in Mushahadah (seen things), we have to negate any form of Makhluq-can-do-anything and bring the Yaqeen that Allah will give us success in both worlds, in the way of Rasulullah SAW, in order to fulfill the commandments of Allah, we have to request people to sacrifice their lives and wealth. For the whole day, we have to do this work, when we are going out in the path of Allah as well. And we have to do this work in our locality, with our brothers in our masjid also.
- When there are brothers who are ready to spend time daily, they should make Mashwara and keep themselves busy in the Aamal of Da’wah.
- If one is alone, one should try to prepare other brothers. They should only go to public houses for visits once there are two or three brothers
- Give encouragement to them so they can be ready to come to the masjid. Bring those brothers to the masjid to join the Aamal of Da’wah. Give them Da’wah. Prepare them for 4 months and 40 days. Explain the work to them, and give them the encouragement to spare some time for Aamal of Masjid. Give as much time as possible. Create 100 percent of the environment of Aamal in the house. Create a pious environment, therefore, give encouragement to establish the Halaqah of Iman and Yaqeen, Fadhail Taaleem, Solat and Zikr, and Tilawat Al-Quran. Prepare everyone in the house to become Da’i of Deen.
- In this way, the effort is done in a collective manner, for the whole day and a lot of benefits will be gained.
- One new brother should go out to meet people with two old workers and it will become a means for the new brother to be able to learn the work of da’wah as well.
- After Umumi bayan (bayan after Gayst), rather than repeating the bayan (for Tashkeel), during Tashkeel, try to encourage people on an individual basis by every brother of da’wah.
- Instead of making Muzakara on unseen things a different topic, it should be made understood that it is a part of da’wah of Iman and Yaqeen.
- For brothers who had spent 4 months in Raiwind for the first time or after they have spent 40 days, they should spend their time in the path of Allah in a proper manner. Make Tashkeel for brothers to give 10 additional days for Raiwind markaz, after Tafaqut is made.
- According to the above-mentioned conditions, the foreign guests who are coming, for their spending time for 10 days in Raiwind, Mashwara, and Tafakud should be made beforehand.
- To spend ten days is not the necessary Tarteeb of the work.
- These points should be the focus for those who are doing this work: those qualities which are to be inculcated in ourselves, on the level of sacrifice, on the understanding of this work, and on the understanding that we are learning this work, should be increased gradually. We have to constantly judge whether we are working towards those qualities that are to be inculcated.
If the brothers of any country require some changes or special circumstances that are beneficial and appropriate for the work, they should first discuss it with their local Shura. If their local Shura approves, a letter should then be sent to Nizamuddin and Raiwind. The (World) Shura appointed by HadratJi, will then assess it. Only if the (World) Shura agrees that such changes are appropriate and beneficial, should the changes or special circumstances be implemented.
It is of utmost essential that before any changes are implemented, the (World) Shura formed by HadratJi Inaamul Hassan, should unanimously agree on those changes before they are put into practice.
Mohammad Zubairul Hasan
Mohammad Abdul Wahab
Next: Read the Full History of Tablighi Jamaat – Origin, Expansion, and the Fitna
pls read few comments form our elders
can anyone translate this book?